- EFEP can be co-extruded with polyamide- or PEBA-type materials in a one-step process that eliminates the need for etching.
- EFEP co-extrusion creates tubing with high clarity making it a good choice for applications where transparency is important.
Download a PDF of the sell sheet "TFX OEM® EFEP Co-Extrusion". Click here.
Unique Characteristics of EFEP Co-Extrusion
- EFEP co-extrusion has all the advantages of fluoropolymers:
- Chemical resistance
- EFEP co-extrusion also offers the advantages of traditional materials like polyamide or PEBA:
- Ease of bonding
- Over molding
- EFEP can produce low durometer tubing that is dimensionally stable.
- Tubing stiffness is tailored to specific applications by varying the durometer of the co-extruded material.
- USP Class VI approved material.
- EFEP is a terpolymer of ethylene, tetrafluoropropylene, and hexafluoropropylene.
Three Types of EFEP Co-Extrusion
- EFEP can be co-extruded as:
- Outer layer
- Tube liner
- Laminated over coil- or braid-reinforced assemblies